Manager: Melinda Way-Bonner
In August 2016, Air Force Chief of Staff (CSAF) General David Goldfein released his letter to Airmen titled, “The Beating Heart of the Air Force…Squadrons!”
In turn, AFSVA was asked to establish an activity rich program that would equip empowered Squadron/Unit commanders with options to facilitate unit cohesion.
Eligibility . . .
Unite events must be inclusive to all “BIG A” Airmen in a Squadron.
Events cannot be divided based on rank, pay, grade, age, race, gender or religion.
Funding . . .
FOOD & BEVERAGE FUNDS (NAF) $5.00 per person MUST be used in conjunction with a Unite event. One beverage limit per meal. No alcohol.
RECREATION FUNDS (APF) $13.50 per person May be used on equipment rentals, program supplies, and decorations. Decorations cannot exceed 10% of event cost.
- Unite is NOT a food & beverage program
- Unite funds CAN’T be combined with other NAFs or APFs
- Funds from non-Federal entities such as Booster Clubs may be used
- Lodging or transportation
- Equipment (rentals allowed)
- Prizes, giveaways or promo items
- Porta-Johns, trash services, damages, or cleaning fees
- Holiday parties
- End of year events
- Balls or banquets
- Dining in/dining outs
- Squadron trainings or meetings
- Base-wide special events
Hosting a UNITE event?
1. Submit signed APPOINTMENT MEMO to your C3.
2. Select your event. See the FSS EVENT MENU for options.
3. Complete an EVENT PROPOSAL FORM and email it to email@example.com. Make sure your form includes the cost breakdown for both APF and NAF allocations, expected attendance, and your Commander or Deputy’s signature. Requests must be submitted to AFSVA at least 21 days in advance.
Your C3 will make payments on your behalf. If your event requires supplies or groceries, schedule a time to shop with your C3.
Purchases must be pre-approved, tax exempt, and must include a receipt.
5. HAVE FUN AT YOUR EVENT!