**As of 28 February the Arts and Crafts car wash is out of commission. The vacuums are still operational. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.**
The Arts and Crafts Center is more than just crafts. The center houses a variety of programs and services including a do-it-yourself Wood Hobby Shop and Auto Hobby Shop, Custom Frame Shop with large format canvas and photo quality printing services, lamination services, pre-made frames and a do-it-yourself frame area. Our Engraving and Awards Shop is stocked with a large inventory of recognitions awards and gift items. Instructional classes available include ceramics, home decorating, wreathmaking, glass fusion, stained glass, painting, drawing, sewing, quilting, Pinterest crafts, basketweaving automotive, and woodworking. New classes are always being added – check out the list of current classes and call for exact schedule dates/times.
Private Parties: Corks & Canvas, Cookies & Canvas, Craftastic Creations, or create your own custom party! Private parties from Arts & Crafts may be booked with Jackie White, email@example.com or call 759-4084. To learn more, click here.
Arts & Crafts Center: Located in Building 424, Located adjacent to the Dole Community Center
Phone: (316) 759-4084
PLAQUE SHOP & FRAME SHOP
Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Saturday- Sunday Closed
Thursday & Friday 1pm – 6pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:30am – 6:30pm
AUTO HOBBY SHOP
Monday – Tuesday Closed
Wednesday-Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
*Clean up begins at 6:30pm*
ARTS & CRAFTS CENTER WOOD SHOP
- McConnell Wood Shop is a self-help facility. Safety, education, equipment and tools are provided to ensure that your woodworking experience is one of learning and succeeding.
- After successful safety qualifications have been met, you will have access to a variety of equipment to meet your woodworking beginner, novice or expert level woodworking needs: sanders, lathes, planer, routers, band saw, drills, and much more. The shop has instructional classes for all levels of woodworking.
- Features a CNC Piranaha for customer use which features interchangeable routing laser etching.
- Hourly fee is only $6 and there is an $80 monthly fee which will save money if you use the shop regularly.
- The shop is open Thursday-Friday 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. ; Saturday-Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wood Shop Safety Classes are held:
- Wednesday 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Friday 6:15 pm – 8:45 pm
- The Arts & Crafts Center is adding 3D printing to its line of services & equipment. 3D printing is the process of making a physical object from a three-dimensional digital model, typically by laying down many thin layers of a material in succession.
- The Printerbot 3D printers are user friendly with self-calibrating beds. Introductory 3D printing classes will be available for a nominal fee.