The Arts and Crafts Center is more than just crafts. The center houses a variety of programs and services including the woodworking shop, engraving shop, custom picture framing shop large format printing services, lamination services and a full service automotive shop. You can take classes in Knitting, Digital Photography, Crochet, Basket Weaving, Drop Spindle Spinning, Oil Painting, Picture Framing, Woodworking and more! New classes are always being added – check out the list of current classes and call for exact schedule dates/times. Call for information on car maintenance classes!
Private Parties: Corks & Canvas, Cookies & Canvas, Craftastic Creations, or create your own custom party! Private parties from Arts & Crafts may be booked with Jackie White, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 759-4084. To learn more, click here.
ARTS & CRAFTS CENTER: Located adjacent to the Dole Community Center
Phone: (316) 759-4084
PLAQUE SHOP & FRAME SHOP
Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday- Sunday Closed
Family/Goal Days Closed
WOODSHOP & PAINTBOOTH
Thursday & Friday 1pm – 6pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:30am – 6:30pm
AUTO HOBBY SHOP
Monday – Tuesday Closed
Wednesday-Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Family/Goal Days 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
ARTS & CRAFTS CENTER WOOD SHOP
- McConnell Wood Shop is a self-help facility. Safety, education, equipment and tools are provided to ensure that your woodworking experience is one of learning and succeeding.
- After successful safety qualifications have been met, you will have access to a variety of equipment to meet your woodworking beginner, novice or expert level woodworking needs: sanders, lathes, planer, routers, band saw, drills, and much more. The shop has instructional classes for all levels of woodworking.
- Hourly fee is only $6 and there is an $80 monthly fee which will save money if you use the shop regularly.
- The shop is open Thursday-Friday 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. ; Saturday-Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
3D PRINTERS- COMING SOON
- The Arts & Crafts Center is adding 3D printing to its line of services & equipment. 3D printing is the process of making a physical object from a three-dimensional digital model, typically by laying down many thin layers of a material in succession.
- The Printerbot 3D printers are user friendly with self-calibrating beds. Introductory 3D printing classes will be available for a nominal fee.
- Student will have access to Fusion 360, a free CAD program and numerous free 3D online downloadable images. The wood shop 3D printer called the “CNC Piranha” is a computer controlled machine that features interchangeable routing, 3-D printing and laser-etching.