WINGMAN SPORTS DAY 2016
POC: SSgt Q. Fitts Alt POC: SSgt N. Amaya
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
- Play will be 6 on 6. A minimum of 4 is required to start the game.
- Play will be held inside the racquetball courts.
- No substitutions will be allowed once a game has started, expect for injuries. There is a 15 second stall count between each game for substitutions. No substitutions will be allowed after the 15 second count.
- Team may substitute between games.
- six (6) minute time limit. Team with the most wins in the 10 minutes will be deemed the winner. If teams are tied, there will be a sudden death game to determine match winner.
- Game time is forfeit time, if your team is not there at your scheduled time you will forfeit.
Objective The objective of dodge ball is to eliminate all players of the opposing team by throwing one of six game balls and hitting the opposing player.
SEC. 2 Starting a Game
Each team starts with ONE (1) ball and then there are FOUR (4) balls evenly spread on the center line at the beginning of each game. It is a sprint to the FOUR (4) balls once the play begins. There is a five (5) second grace period after the initial rush before balls can be thrown.
Each team member must start with one FOOT on their back LINE. Play begins on the referee’s signal of “Go” and “Dodge” after the five (5) second grace period after the initial rush.
SEC. 3 Eliminating the Opposing Players
A player is out if:
- They throw a ball that is caught by the other team.
- They get hit by a ball thrown by the other team. (If the ball does bounce off an opposing player and is then caught the thrower will then be out. This is true even if a different player catches the ball. However if the ball bounces off another ball, the ball is dead. ). Players may use the ball to block; however, if the ball is knocked out of their hand while blocking, they will be out.
- They cross the center line.
-THERE WILL BE A DOUBLE ELIMINATION BRACKET
-SEEDING WILL BE RANDOMLY DRAWN BEFORE START
-EACH TEAM WILL GET ONE WARM-UP GAME